Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekly Menu and Weigh In

Weigh in and Menu Making Day:
So far I’m doing really well, but I was beginning to feel deprived.  Seems I didn’t pick out enough recipes and make enough food on the weekend for the week.  I was inspired
yesterday by one of my patients though.  She made up her mind in February to change her life.  She changed her diet, and began training for the marathon.  She came in regularly to see me for a weigh in and occasional waist circumference.  I saw her yesterday and found out she had run the  marathon this past weekend and FINISHED IT!!!! WooHOOO! 
I’m not sure I could do that! 
Congratulations to her.  I was so excited I could barely contain myself.  She’s lost a ton of weight, and has lost about 4 inches in her waist circumference.  Isn’t that cool?

Okay, so here’s my weekly weight, before breakfast in my PJ’s. Drumroll please.......
194!  Yea!!!

Menu for the week:

Slow Cooker Southwest Hominy and Turkey Sausage Stew
Slow Cooker Flank Steak
Fish tacos
Bulgar pilaf with pistachios and raisins,
No noodle Vegetable Lasagna

Broccoli, clementines, apples, 4oz nonfat yogurts, and baby carrots for snacks. 
(I’ve discovered snacks are really important so I am not ravenous on the way home from work).

No comments:

Post a Comment