Last week, I was awarded the Liebster Award by the amazing and fantastic blogger of Ponies and Martinis!
So! What the heck is the Liebster Award?
Liebster Awards are given by other bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 3000 subscribers.
Since I have 25, I count. I have been so excited to see my numbers of post readings going up since winning the award that I can't wait to pass this on to other bloggers!
Ponies and Martinis started her blog earlier this year and I realized I had stumbled upon a person with a warped sense of humor and a soul similar to mine. I enjoyed reading her blog and met other bloggers through her on facebook and twitter. (@ponymartini). (I'm @doctordivablog )
So, part of the award is that I have to give you 11 random facts about myself, then answer questions posted for me to answer!
1. I am a TRUE redhead. (yup. red all over.)
2. I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid after my dog had a small bowel obstruction. I became a people doctor instead.
3. I thought I would never get married or have kids, that I would summer in the South of Spain when I got older, and I would have lots of cats. (I still fantasize about that sometimes, except the cats part. I hate changing cat litter)
4. I actually like camping. But I want an RV. Enough sleeping on the or near the ground.
5. If I had known how much I would like Calc II, I would've taken Calc III and P Chem and had a chemistry minor.
6. I binge read. I love horror, mystery, fantasy, sci fi, and romance.
7. I quilt--SEE???
8. I am an athletic spaz. I Never could play sports. I was ALWAYS the last one to be picked in gym for anything. Even the basketball coach, after he saw me run, decided not to ask me to be on the basketball team in high school
9. My nickname in grammar school came from crying on my Iowa tests and getting them all "mushy" and that name haunted me all through high school (not in a good way, either). At our first high school reunion, someone said, "Hey Mushy! How the heck are you?" and I said, "That's DR. Mushy to you!" and we all got a good laugh out of it.
10. I don't know how it happened, but I married the (mostly) most amazing guy on the planet. (Oh, c'mon! We all have flaws. Except me. I'm perfect) <--------(insert sarcasm font here)
11. I secretly always wanted to act. But, doctoring is a form of acting, in a way. You can never show your true feelings, you have to figure out who your patient needs you to be in the moment. You have to leave all your baggage outside the exam room and BE a doctor, even if you feel like crying because you had an argument with your family members, or the World Trade Towers just came down (true story).
Now to answer the questions posed to me by Ponies and Martinis blogger:
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I ALWAYS wanted to be a doctor, but NOW I want to be a writer, quilter, camper, world traveler kind of gal. While doctoring. I love doctoring.
2. What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
Ben & Jerry's NY fudge chunk brownie OR Cherry Garcia. It's a draw. Frankly, anything with chocolate ice cream as a base with hunks o' chocolate in any form is a go.
3. If you could change one moment in history, what would it be?
I would change the moment in the future where time travel becomes a reality. I would destroy the machinery because we all know they're going to foul us all up with their evil future plans. Or it's going to require so much energy that the galaxy will disappear into a giant nuclear explosion.
4 Pick the ultimate superpower.
I've been thinking about this a whole lot lately because I believe that women should be gifted
with a superpower to go along with hot flashes. In fact, I'm writing a novel right now about this. I think I would go with telepathy. Healing would be cool, but then, I'd have NO life at all because I'd be expected to heal the world. Telepathy would have drawbacks of actually KNOWING
what people think all of the time. So maybe, telekinesis. Yup. That's it. I could do the laundry and
clean the house while sitting on my butt.
5. Cats or dogs?
Is this really a choice? I had two cats, Jumpy died at 16 and Fuzzbutt died at 22. (Yeah, I know, the vet loved the name too.)
Now I have a dog and she's like having another kid. So I'm beginning to think, hamster.
6. How did you pick your blog's name?
Funny you should ask. My partner and I went into private practice and named the practice with
our names. It was BORING. BUT we decided to have a website and needed a URL. It was either going to be DoctorChicks or DoctorDivas. We thought DoctorDivas was cooler. You see, Neither of us are divas, as our patients well know, and that's the fun of it. When I decided to write a blog, it was natural to call it Doctordiva, and I was trying to get my own health in shape at the beginning, hence, doctordivagetshealthy. NOW I use it to entertain and teach. My patients LOVE it and miss the name of our old website since we're now employed by a large University group.
7. What is your favorite post that you've written?
Oh, clearly, The Poop Report. Hands down.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Tough one. Probably somewhere not very similar to America or Europe. Maybe Vietnam, or Thailand, or China or Nepal or Mongolia. Or Madagascar. I want to see stuff I don't see every day and try new foods and have cool adventures.
9. You can only eat one thing for the rest of your life. What is it?
Okay, this is tricky since I'm a doc and am SUPPOSED to answer this one way. but really, there is only one answer. Chocolate.
10 Describe yourself using only one word.
Labile. (I'm a Gemini--need I say more?)
11. Any regrets?
I wish I'd stayed in better physical shape and I wish that I had more patience with my kids.
Now for my Nominees for the Liebster Award:
1.) Outmanned Mommy
I especially love her blog on how "spring break-ers" are like toddlers. I snorted my coffee through my nose reading that one.
2.)The Foodie Physician-Sonali
This is a rockin' doc who can really cook. My husband and I have taken on, as our own, several of her recipes (the ricotta blueberry lemon pancakes, the black bean and quinoa burgers to name a couple) as keepers.
3.)Christella Morris Okay, I don't know how many followers she has, but I don't care because she is awesome!! She makes wonderful blog posts about the normal everyday insanity of a working mom.
4.) Pesky Pippi She is a Mom with enormous energy and a fabulous sense of the absurd. She posts great pics of her yellow lab and her sneakers as the family goes out on exercise excursions into the lovely area of the world she lives in, and posts cheesy smiles and great art work. I smile at all of her facebook posts too.
5.) Meghan Ciana Doidge--She is an amazing author of romance and paranormal and fantasy. I just LOVE her stuff. She wrote a great post apocalyptic book called After the Virus. I couldn't put it down. I heartily recommend her as an author and a blogger. She has great interviews with other authors and reviews of books of other authors as well.
I have a colleague who has a fabulous blog about surviving cancer. He is an oncologist and an amazing writer. He has two blogs. I need to check with him re: which one is the most active one. I'll update once I reach him.
Okay, Now my questions for the winners to answer!
1. Vacation: with a friend or spouse or with entire family? Warm or Cold spot? Explain.
2. How did you stumble into (if you did stumble into it) blogging?
3. Hobbies? Avocations?
4. Do you think a manicure/pedicure is a luxury/necessity or a waste of money? Explain.
5. Skirts or pants?
6. Do you thinking eating alone in a fancy restaurant is weird? or brave?
7. The world is ending tomorrow. What will you do as your last acts on earth?
8. Is a car a status symbol or solely a means of transportation? Why?
9. Okay, I'm repeating this one from above, but I think it's important: What is your favorite post from your own blog?
10. Pizza and beer or Filet Mignon and wine?
11. Are you who you thought you would be when you were a kid, dreaming about your future?
Okay, that's it. WHEW! Long post.
Thanks again to Ponies and Martinis. Sorry it took so long, but the doctoring gig took all of my attention the last several weeks.